Home health care services in Jeddah, Riyadh.
The complete healthcare industry is under rapid transformation due to the modern advancements in technology according to regional tendencies. This has also emphasized the need for home health care services in Jeddah, Riyadh, and all other parts of Saudi Arabia. This is due to many factors like increasing elderly population, chronic illness that require constant monitoring. The stress has increased due to the outbreak of Coronavirus while elderly/diseased people are advised to stay at home. It has proved to be the best alternative to hospitalization and supported the people in fulfilling their routine medical requirements.
What does Home health care service include?
Home Health Care (HHC) includes all the medical services given to patients at the comfort of their homes by qualified professionals. It may be given for a serious illness or injury with inexpensive and appropriate care similar to a medical facility. This will specifically comprise of:
- Monitoring different kinds of chronic illnesses.
- Variable health conditions
- Caretaker instructions
- Injections and intravenous therapy
- Nutrition care
- Bedsores and Surgical wound care
The major aim of the home health care service is to provide a good quality of life to patients and enhance their chances of well-being. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), quality of life is a personalized insight into their life situation. This is concerning their ethnicity and living environment relative to their ideas, prospects, and standards.
Having proper medical care in-home setting is not an easy job as there will be less hold than a regular hospital environment. It involves the service of different types of professionals, family, and caretakers at home for routine tasks. This is mainly considered for having an inexpensive and relaxed setting than the regular hospital wards. Studies have shown that it will have a positive influence on the mental health of long-time patients.
Home health care services in Saudi Arabia:
The initial health care service in Saudi Arabia was built at King Faisal Specialized Hospital and Research Centre in 1991. The service was developed and enhanced by the Saudi Ministry of Health in 2008. It was built to offer affordable medical care to all needy persons. This was mainly to those people who very suffering in hospitals with a prolonged illness. Home healthcare services in Jeddah, Riyadh, and all other parts of Saudi Arabia are of modern international standards. It is also in the context of all the Islamic traditions and values of the nation. But in the majority of regions, the norms for allowing home health care for patients is provided only if their residence is within 50 km from the health center. The patient must not have a critical condition, homeowner consent, a suitable home environment, and accompanying a caretaker.
Use of modern technology in-home healthcare services:
Ministry of Health (MOH) in Saudi Arabia has a 5-year execution strategy to link all the stages of digital health care. There is a significant investment in this regard across all types of healthcare facilities. This strategy is facing substantial cultural and functional challenges but the government is firm in its approach.
Many types of research have found that the implementation of advanced technologies into health care services has comprehensively raised the bar. This has let the medical professionals to effectively monitor the patient’s routine condition. Many patients are also able to verify their various daily health levels and speak to the concerned doctor independently. It has reduced the stress on the family, enhanced life quality, and developed a sense of hope amongst the patients. The advancements in-home health care have also reduced the medical costs with access to the same levels of facilities. They have provided all the high-tech services at home which was not possible earlier.
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has understood the benefits of digital tools for home health care services. It is currently determined to offer new strategies in the mobile health sector with the Kingdom’s Vision 2030 on resident’s medical care enhancements.
- They help healthcare professionals to provide important information or regular reminders to patients.
- Advanced wearable devices aid in monitoring the prevalent health issues to act immediately in times of necessity.
- The remote administration of home health care patients via tele or video calls lets them speak to their doctors. These services also deliver prescribed medicines to the doorsteps.
- Use of Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning to study the biometric trends and other factors influencing patient health.
- Many advanced machines, sensors, and robots help in routine patient tasks and monitoring. It will aid medical professionals to diagnose accurately and provide a reliable home health care service.
- Mobile apps can be easily downloaded from the play store on a patient device. This can facilitate if a medical condition demands regular monitoring of blood levels. A caretaker or patient can do this easily at home and provide the data to his doctor via his device app. It will keep a record of all the medical history, any allergies, and all related critical information. Such flexibility will aid in the effective diagnosis of the patient.
- Doctors can keep constant supervision on their patients. If there is an alarming variation in the records, they can act accordingly to give further treatment and instructions.
Home health care services are quickly growing in all parts of Saudi Arabia. This has been very helpful in the times of the COVID-19 outbreak as patients could stay away from public places. The quality of life among chronic illness patients is hugely dependent on the services of healthcare individuals and the use of modern technology. As Saudi Arabia is giving prime importance on including all the modern technologies in the home health care service, the future is very hopeful. If you want to build any similar healthcare app with the use of modern technology, associate with the best mobile app development companies Saudi Arabia, Brill Mindz. The company has many years of experience in developing effective, reliable, and game-changing healthcare apps for government and other enterprises/start-ups.